Friday, October 3, 2014

Control

I'm sitting in front of my laptop at Signs of Life. There is a 20 something year old woman playing Fur Elise on the piano, with her eyes closed. She doesn't need to open her eyes. She knows what's going on around her.

-------------------

"I had a dream I ran Atlanta"

-------------------

I'm constantly reminded how little I open up with my cohort. A field like counseling psychology begs you to prostitute your emotions to the world. We're convinced that emotions can only be controlled when you've proven to those around you that yours are in perfect control. We gotta spray our eyes with mace before wearing it on our belt.

Just because I'm not dirty, doesn't mean I didn't dig a hole.

-------------------

"Aren't you cold?!"

-------------------

I think it's entirely possible for someone to avoid saying something without a deep, personal excuse worth exploring. Some things are complicated. Some things have no positive benefit.

I'm tired of being sweaty. Everywhere I go. I'm constantly thinking about it. I'm constantly worried about how it looks. I'm constantly scared to wear anything with sleeves. It's a reminder of how different I am from everyone else. I hate not having control.

No comments:

Post a Comment