Saturday, October 25, 2014

Post

I need to get a Royals shirt.

Today I'm working on a script at Signs of Life. Today seemed to be dated night. In front of me is a blind date, set up by a girl in a dress. Her friend in a dress met her other friend, in a sweater. The weather is too warm to require a sweater, so I assume he thinks he looks good in it.

Soon after, 2 women and 2 men walked in, and it was pretty clear they are on a double date. They went upstairs to pretend that mediocre paintings are enjoyable, then came back downstairs to order coffee. I saw them come downstairs, and realized I'm sitting in the only table that has 4 chairs. It wasn't on purpose. In all honestly, I picked it because it's in the middle of the room, and I'm able to raise both my elbows comfortably. This has become the only way I can somehow manage my sweating, and prevent my clothes from being ruined.

But I accidentally did them a favor. My backpack and I took the only table that could fit all four of them, so I forced them to sit at two different tables, splitting the couples. Now, they're having 1 on 1 conversations with the person they were hoping to have 1 on 1 conversations with. Both couples are smiling, laughing, and flirting in a way they couldn't do as a group. You're welcome, group date.

Lately scripts have been difficult to start and easy to finish. The hardest part of telling a story is knowing that you're telling it well.

I probably don't need a Royals shirt.

-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment