Friday, August 8, 2014

talking his language.

I woke up this morning and the world was filled with insects. I realized I was alone when I stepped outside. Everyone else was a bug. Scurrying with purpose.

----------------------

"Do you think you could date a smoker?"

----------------------

I'm not sure if I could date a smoker. It's hard to get close with someone knowing that there will always be a certain level of distance between the both of you. You know there is at least one thing that makes you different from them. Something that you believe to be true is thought false by them. Inevitably that might cause tension. It's a ticking time bomb. And you know that neither of you are willing to accept the other side. You live on two different islands.

I think emotions are hard to understand. We cling to them when clearing the fog, or reject them when we're afraid. I don't think therapists are meant to be emotional prostitutes. I don't think it's the therapist's job to go on an emotional journey with their client. The therapist doesn't have to feel what the client is feeling.

Right now I'm living my life somewhere between secluded and displayed.

165 days. A lot has changed.

I'm either going to be the worst therapist in the world, or a mediocre one.

Not that this is a problem for most girls, but the best way to guarantee that I wont talk to you is by wearing a Sheldon Cooper shirt with the word "Bazinga!" on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment