Friday, February 21, 2014

Friend, Jerad

It's weird to think that Jerad isn't here anymore. It's not something that I realize every day, or think about every second. It's not something that's in my face. It's like my life is a jenga tower, and a middle piece towards the bottom was taken out. I feel the same. I'm still standing. But I just know there's a piece missing, and it's never going to go back to where it was.

I woke up this morning feeling the exact same as I always do. I had to stop and lay in my bed before I reminded myself of what happened the night before. I knew my phone had texts from people. I got up and made coffee before I found myself pressing the home button of my phone to look at the texts.

If Jerad is in heaven, I wonder what he's doing. I think he's looking down at us, smiling. Probably about to play a game of ultimate in like 20 minutes, and trying to drink as much water as possible to not get dehydrated. I hope he's happy.

---------------

"This is my roommate, Jerad."

"Hi, I'm Ryan"

"Nice to meet you"

---------------

No comments:

Post a Comment