Saturday, April 4, 2015

having spaghetti for dinner tonight, probably.

It's been a long time, but I finally have a decent idea for a feature.

I usually don't write features. They're usually around 120 pages long, and I've never enjoyed the three act structure. I also get bored of the story quickly, and the skeleton structure of the story I begin working on ends up collecting dust in the bowels of my laptop before I write any meat on it.

But this one is decent. I like the idea. There's room to grow. There are important things worth talking about.

I want to buy a new laptop. My current one is fine, but it's cumbersome. It's hard to carry it around, especially to the coffee shop. Writing has become something I do on a nearly daily basis, and lugging around a laptop that doesn't even fit in my backpack is annoying. I want a small one. With a good keyboard. Compact. All I do is write on it. That'd be nice.

This is my last week at my practicum site. I'm happy to finally have more time to write, but I'd be lying if I said I'm going to forget my clients. They are all interesting human beings, needing help for very serious drug addictions. They all have interesting stories to tell, and I've enjoyed listening to them. I wonder if they'll remember me. I wonder if I've helped them; if I've changed their life for better.

I also wonder what I'll be having for dinner tonight.

At my practicum site, I see a lot of people that are suffering. I want them to get better, but I understand that everyone suffers in some way. Suffering is removed, only to eventually be replaced with more suffering. Therapy isn't about getting rid of someone's suffering. It's about teaching them how to deal with it.

I believe that's what therapy is.

Spaghetti probably.

--------------------

"But what is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness."

--------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment