Saturday, April 18, 2015

Flying!

Over time, we as a society have filled the negative spaces around us with things. Open areas become blocks, to be used. We pay money to own these blocks, and find ways to make money from our blocks.

I think it would be really cool to fly, and I mean that in the most literal way possible. I don't want to metaphorically fly away from anything. I just think it would be really fun to fly. To escape the blocks.

I can't remember his name, but there was a psychologist that hypothesized that our interest in swimming comes from our desire to fly. Swimming is the closest we can get to flying. Moving horizontally, free from our own weight. Moving through the world, rather than on top of it.

The best I can do is to hope my lifetime will see the technology that allows us to fly.

--------------------

"When I say I want the moon, I want the moon"
     -"Wee Small Hours", Mad Men

--------------------

I also want the technology to climb up a building. Besides being a lot of fun, it'd be a decent work out. What was the name of that super hero that climbed on buildings? I think he had webs coming out of his wrists or something.

Dr. Spider. That's it.

-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment