Friday, September 19, 2014

Writing

Of all the coffee shops on Mass St, Starbucks is by far the most air-conditioned. Lately it's the only place I can go outside of my own apartment and not sweat. I'm near the point where I need to either accept that I'm sweaty, or seclude to the idea that nothing ever changes. The point of the nuke was to fix me.

--------------------

"Any special powers?"

-------------------

There's a lot to think about when you're alive. A lot goes on around you, and you miss most of it.

Sometimes I wish I would wake up one day and I was the only person alive in the world. I'm not sure how I would reach initially, but I know I would be happy. I could do anything I want.

When I was a kid, I would fantasize about the ability to freeze time. Stopping time and experiencing myself free from the world. I would imagine freezing time and walking into an ice cream shop, making myself a sundae, then walking out. Walk into a department store, steal that jacket I always wanted, and walk out.

I think I've always wanted to leave society. Making my own rules, doing everything I can think of. Smashing glass.

Sweating.

I've always wanted a super power.

-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment