Sunday, April 6, 2014

Headphones

I'm realizing day after day how little control I have over my experiences. I like to think that I have complete control over my life: every choice I make buried in the rational conformity of my choosing. But instead, I understand more and more how little control I possess. The places I find myself in, The people I put around me, and the activities I fill my day with are all derivatives of the choices that were made for me.

----------------

"Keep working hard. I'll talk to you soon."

----------------

In my program, my cohort is required to take a lot of personality quizzes. The most common trait investigated in these quizzes is how extroverted or introverted we are. My quizzes gave me a vague answers. I don't really know if I'm extroverted. I don't really know if I'm introverted. Neither do the quizzes I took.
I surround myself with people, sometimes probably a bit too much. I talk to people, I have conversations, and I go to social events. I live by myself, I like to be alone, and I enjoy silence. I like to work at coffee shops, and I work with people. I go out to bars with friends. I hate going out to bars.

---------------

"Look at the recluse"

---------------

How is loneliness measured? Is it crying alone at your dining room table. Is it sitting at a bar alone. Or is it laughing with your friends at a bar.

---------------

"Do you have a lot of friends?"

---------------


No comments:

Post a Comment