Friday, January 4, 2013

I should probably go out more.

So a friend of mine gave me these herb plants that you grow in these pots. You're supposed to just let them grow, then harvest the herbs to eat. I set them up and placed them in front of my TV so that I wont forget to water them.

The weird part is that the soil is just a brown sponge that you wet and place in the pot. So instead of a garden, it just looks like I have three pots of brownies in front of my TV.

That was a pretty boring story.

I think people say that their story was boring after telling it so that they don't look boring. It's funny how you can admit to something being a certain way, in order to avoid appearing to be that way. As soon as you admit a story was boring, you inform the listener that you are capable of distinguishing a boring story from an interesting one, thus proving that you are in fact NOT boring.

At the same time, if someone says "that was a pretty incredible story I just told" after finishing a story, they would still appear interesting because that would be a weird thing to say. So really, you could say anything about a story after telling it, and still appear interesting.

The only thing you can do to look boring is if you say NOTHING after a boring story. If you tell a boring story, stand there for a second, then walk away, you'd be a pretty boring person.

---------------------------------

"What are YOU going to do this weekend, Ryan?"

---------------------------------

I wonder if anyone has ever picked the chocolate flavored teeth polish at the dentist more than once.

I'm oftentimes accused of living a boring life in Wichita. I'm pretty honest about my weekends when people ask. I usually stay at home and play video games and watch TV. Maybe people see my honesty as a subtle message that I want to get out more. Maybe people think it's sad to not hang out with people. Maybe I'm a boring person for not going out more.

There's someone I work with that was a soldier in Iraq. It's interesting to hear his stories about his experiences. For some reason I always picture it in WWII style.

I read a story about a guy in India that murdered his sister for sleeping outside of her marriage.

I watched a video of someone breaking a world record for playing Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker in only 5 hours. He was wearing nail polish while he did it for some reason.

I think how interesting a person's life is can be relative.

That was a pretty boring blog post.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good. Made me want to listen to this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7yZ-jAj7Zk

    ReplyDelete