Friday, May 1, 2015

writing that down for later.

I woke up this morning to some good news. I am a quarter finalist for the 2015 Screencraft Short Screenplay Competition. I don't really know what that means, but I'm assuming it's a good thing.

Scripts for this year's NYC Midnight Short Screenplay Competition are due tonight at midnight. The assignments were given out last Friday, and we had 1 week to write a 12 page script. My heat had the following:

Genre: Suspense
Item: A Missing Library Book
Character: An 8-year-old boy or girl

Your script has to include these three things, and in meaningful ways.

This was definitely one of the harder competitions I have been in.  It took me about 5 days to come up with an idea for a decent script. 1 day to write, 1 day for re-writes, and I think I've ended with something decent. It wasn't the genre that was difficult. My most recent Suspense script was produced by a production company out in LA. That was only a 5 page script, but it helped me understand the nature of these films.

Apart from that, I have 3 other scripts being produced by production companies, and a TV pilot that I'm submitting for review.

Hey, and I'm graduating or something in like 2 weeks. With a monster in Cancelling Psychiatry. I think that's right.

--------------------

"Sorry. Sometimes I don't fit in booths"

-------------------

-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment